On Friday, yes Friday the 13th, I had my last ultrasound before IUI#3. It was day 10 of my cycle. R – 19×16 & a smaller one I don’t remember be cause it was too small to be memorable. L- had a couple but they were much smaller in comparison to the huge one on the right. Lining- 9.1.
At day 10 in my cycle I thought we had a couple of days still to get things in order as I usually don’t ovulate until day 15. I was thinking insem in five days, but nope, they wanna insem on Monday. Side note: we told our favorite nurse that this would be our last IUI cycle before moving to reciprocal IVF. She cried with us as we became emotional while telling her this. On Friday she told us her plan for our insem was to have both her and the doctor be there hoping to make this the “perfect insem.” So sweet.
Back to our reason to panic in regard to the timeline. We hadn’t ordered sperm yet. Frantically we placed an order for overnight delivery on our sperm. It has an anticipated delivery time of 10:30 on Monday. Exactly when my appointment is. I called the clinic and told them what was up. Some tech, who doesn’t know anything about us, told us that if the sperm wasn’t there in time for our appointment we would need to cancel this cycle. Queue somewhat borderline catasprophizing behavior from yours truly. I’m okay now, but at the time, I felt stupid and as though this was a sign indicating I wasn’t organized enough or proactive enough to become a parent and “there is no way it could ever work.” Not my proudest moment, but I moved past it.
In the mean time I am obsessively tracking my package as it comes to MN from VA. There is a massive snow storm, in April, backing things up a bit I am sure. It is on its last leg though and I am hopeful
Tonight I will trigger ovulation as late as possible within the window the RE wants me to in case I need to wait for a half an hour as my sperm thaws because it arrives exactly as I do for our appointment of my last IUI. Who knows, Either that or I have one more last, last IUI.